“College Colours” allow our College to recognise student achievement in the many diverse areas in which Sunbury Downs students excel. These will be awarded each year in a dedicated ceremony, with students receiving both a badge and a certificate to endorse their achievement
These Colours are awarded in six different categories and students are eligible to receive a College Colour in more than one category.
To ensure a range of students can aspire to these awards, they will be awarded at two levels:
- To be considered for a Silver Award, students must have made a significant contribution in several of the criteria
- Only a limited number of students will be recognised, as a general guideline 4 per category
- These awards are designed to recognise both character and ability, thus to be eligible students must display attributes such as co-operation, mutual respect and overall success
- Gold awards are a higher standard of achievement, while still within the same Mini-School, thus year 7 and 10 students are not eligible for this award
- To receive this award, students must already hold a Silver Award for that category, meet the requirements for the Silver again and then exceed the requirements
- As a result, a Gold Award is awarded less, but indicates recognition of a much higher calibre of achievement
|| Academic: Green
- Academic Colours will be based on overall averages drawn from Semester Reports
- Principal’s Academic Achievement Award recipients are eligible for the Academic College Colour
- Learning Area awards would continue as separate awards for Presentation Evening
|| Arts: Red
“Arts” refers to visual arts, practical arts and areas such as College Musical Production, Debating,
Drama and Public Speaking.
- Planning and delivery of events or activities, eg. Annual Arts Exhibition, choreographer in School Production, Tech. Crew for Production.
- Active representation of the College in exhibitions, performance and competitions outside of the College.
- Working with teachers to assist with curricular and/or co-curricular Arts programs
|| House: Purple
- Effectively propose, organise and carry out House-based events, enlisting the help of others as appropriate
- Actively participate and compete in House Sporting activities, including College Sport Days and other House-based sporting events
- Actively encourage others to participate and compete in House-based events
- Actively construct, participate in and present House-run Assemblies
|| Music: Yellow
“Music” includes all Sunbury Downs bands and choral ensembles
- Participation in more than one performing ensemble
- Playing an active role as a student leader in music performance
- Planning and/or organising of social events related to the College music program
- Demonstration of highly developed skills in musicianship and excellence in performance
- Strong commitment to all lessons, band rehearsals and performances
|| Service: Orange
- To other students, throughout College life
- Presenting at College and Year Level Assemblies
- As a student leader, eg. SRC Rep., Cabinet member, fundraising, lunchtime activities
- To a school program, eg. Student forums, College Review, SRC.
- On College committees, eg. Chaplaincy Committee, College Council, Education Committee
- Leading the planning of events or activities, eg. Deb Ball Committee, Year 12 Formal
|| Sport: Blue
“Sport” refers to sporting activities initially representing our College.
- Outstanding participation in a school based sporting activity, including representing the College in higher level competitions
- Provision of outstanding assistance with team or program organisation, eg. coaching, umpiring, captaincy
- Playing a leading role in the planning and/or organisation of events or activities, eg. Carnivals, sports days, Footy Days